Please note that our Patriots For America Offerings (as defined below) are under constant development. New services are added frequently and these Terms and Conditions of Service may therefore be modified and updated on an ongoing basis. It is important to check back to this page regularly.
By using any part of the Patriots For America, you acknowledge that you have read these Terms and Conditions, understand them, and agree to be bound by them. As a material condition of such use, you warrant that you are over the age of eighteen and that you have provided accurate and complete information in any communication with Patriots For America. Paragraph 15 of these Terms and Conditions includes a provision binding you to arbitration of any dispute you may have with respect to your use of the Patriots For America Offerings, pursuant to which you relinquish your right to bring an action in court and to a jury trial, although Patriots For America retains the option to arbitrate or to bring an action in court. Specific reference is made to that provision, to which you agree by using any part of the Patriots For America Offerings.
FULL DISCLAIMER (Health-related content and affiliated medical sites): ALL INFORMATION PRESENTED IN THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS AND VIA E-MAIL AND ANY PUBLICATION OR VIDEO PRESENTATION IS GENERIC, NONSPECIFIC AND FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ANY MEDICALLY-RELATED INFORMATION, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) RESPONSES TO INDIVIDUAL AND OTHER READER QUESTIONS, IS NOT PROVIDED BY A PERSONAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE SPECIFIC MEDICAL ADVICE FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL AND IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NO INFORMATION PRESENTED IN THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS MEDICAL CONSULTATION, DIAGNOSES OR INSTRUCTION. ANY ACTION YOU TAKE ON THE BASIS OF THIS INFORMATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND EXPENSE. READERS ARE ADVISED TO CONSULT A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL ABOUT ANY ISSUE REGARDING THEIR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING.
FULL DISCLAIMER (Financial-related content and affiliated sites): ALL INFORMATION PRESENTED IN THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS AND VIA E-MAIL AND ANY PUBLICATION OR VIDEO PRESENTATION DISCUSSED THEREIN ARE INTENDED SOLELY FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BY IMPLICATION OR OTHERWISE, AS AN OFFER TO SELL OR A SOLICITATION TO BUY OR SELL OR TRADE IN ANY COMMODITIES, SECURITIES, OR CURRENCIES HEREIN NAMED. INFORMATION IS OBTAINED FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, BUT IS IN NO WAY GUARANTEED. NO GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND IS IMPLIED OR POSSIBLE WHERE PROJECTIONS OF FUTURE CONDITIONS ARE ATTEMPTED. IN NO EVENT SHOULD THE CONTENT BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED PROMISE, GUARANTEE OR IMPLICATION BY OR FROM THE SERVICES, PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES OR OTHER AGENTS THAT YOU WILL PROFIT OR THAT LOSSES CAN OR WILL BE LIMITED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER. SOME RECOMMENDED TRADES MAY INVOLVE SECURITIES HELD BY OUR OFFICERS, AFFILIATES, EDITORS, WRITERS OR EMPLOYEES, AND INVESTMENT DECISIONS MAY BE INCONSISTENT WITH OR EVEN CONTRADICTORY TO THE DISCUSSION OR RECOMMENDATION IN THE SERVICE. PAST RESULTS ARE NO INDICATION OF FUTURE PERFORMANCE. ALL INVESTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO RISK, WHICH SHOULD BE CONSIDERED PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS. CONSULT YOUR PERSONAL INVESTMENT ADVISERS BEFORE MAKING AN INVESTMENT DECISION. THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS PROVIDE GENERALIZED FINANCIAL INFORMATION DESIGNED TO EDUCATE A BROAD SEGMENT OF THE PUBLIC; IT DOES NOT GIVE PERSONALIZED INVESTMENT, TAX, LEGAL OR OTHER BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. FOR PRIVACY PROTECTION, ABBREVIATED OR FICTITIOUS NAMES WERE USED FOR SOME OF THE INDIVIDUALS MENTIONED IN THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS AND ANY REPORT OR PUBLICATION.
Terms and Conditions
- Grant of License.These Terms and Conditions provide you with a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Patriots For America Offerings conditioned on your continued compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
In the event that you fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, Patriots For America shall be entitled to terminate this license granted to you with immediate effect and without notice, including removing your ability to access or use the Patriots For America Offerings or Other Agreement you may have. Patriots For America reserves the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, (a) to block traffic or other access to the Patriots For America Offerings, whether or not directly or through third party links or postings and (b) to block or remove your use of a link to the Patriots For America Offerings.
Except as set forth herein, nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to confer any benefit on any third party (whether such benefit would have arisen under any applicable law or regulation or otherwise) and no term will be enforceable by any third party.
- Intellectual Property Rights; Right to Use; Modification of Patriots For America Offerings.
(a) The Patriots For America Offerings, including their layout and design, are protected by United States trademark and copyright law and other applicable law and are the exclusive property of Patriots For America or its licensors (except as otherwise identified) and, except as expressly provided herein, Patriots For America does not grant any express or implied right in any such materials to you. In particular and without limitation, Patriots For America owns the copyright in the Patriots For America Offerings as a collective work and/or compilation. Patriots For America also owns the copyright on, or holds a license for, any and all databases accessible on the Patriots For America Offerings and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, aggregation and enhancement of the content of the Patriots For America Offerings. Patriots For America is entitled to use all such databases and User Materials (as defined in Paragraph 11, below) for such purposes not inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any other of our agreements with you. You may, on an occasional and irregular basis, print and download materials and information from the Patriots For America Offerings solely for personal and non-commercial use, or, only to the extent permitted by an Other Agreement, for internal business use, provided that you comply with these Terms and Conditions with respect to any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in such materials and information. All copyrights and trademarks not the property of Patriots For America that are used or referred to in the Patriots For America Offerings are the property of their respective owners, and may be subject to other or additional restrictions.
(b) If you believe that any of the Patriots For America Offerings is infringing copyrights or other intellectual property rights held by you or by someone on whose behalf you are authorized to act, please follow the steps described on Patriots For America’s Contact Information page.
(c) The Patriots For America logo, and all other names, logos, and icons identifying Patriots For America and/or Patriots For America products and services are proprietary marks of Patriots For America or its licensors. Third party product and company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
(d) The components, data, and features of the Patriots For America Offerings may be added to, modified, suspended, or discontinued by Patriots For America without notice, and you agree that Patriots For America shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any addition, modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Patriots For America Offerings or any part thereof.
- Restrictions on Use of the Patriots For America Offerings.YOU AGREE TO USE THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS SOLELY FOR YOUR OWN NONCOMMERCIAL USE AND BENEFIT, AND TO COMPLY WITH ANY OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE SET FORTH IN THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS. You may not and you hereby warrant and agree that you will not make any attempt to or, actually, use the Patriots For America Offerings for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, any Purchase/Subscription Agreement or Other Agreement, or our RSS Policy (for the limited use of headlines and summaries), including (without limitation):
(a) To sell, resell or otherwise transfer or dispose to, or to be used by or for the benefit of, any other person or entity;
(b) To use, transfer, distribute, or dispose of any information contained in the Patriots For America Offerings in any manner that could compete with the business of Patriots For America or any of its sponsors;
(c) To modify, create derivatives of, copy, reproduce, recompile, reverse compile, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, distribute, broadcast, publish, display, broadcast, modify, upload to, create derivative works or construct a database from, license, transfer, sell, transmit, mirror, frame, “deep link”, “scrape”, data mine, translate, or in any way use or exploit all or any part of the Patriots For America Offerings (including, without limitation, to collect any information about other users of Patriots For America Offerings, including registration information, passwords, accounts or other information; systematically to extract data contained in the Patriots For America Offerings; or to post any content from the Patriots For America Offerings to forums, newsgroups, list serves, mailing lists, electronic bulletin boards, or other websites), except that you may, on an occasional and irregular basis, print and download material from the Patriots For America Offerings, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices and comply in all respects with these Terms and Conditions or our RSS Policy;
(d) To use the Patriots For America Offerings or the information contained therein, including Patriots For America’s trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrights, or logos, to make or as part of unsolicited mailings or spam material. YOU MAY NOT USE ANY OF PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA’S OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S TRADEMARKS, TRADE NAMES, SERVICE MARKS, COPYRIGHTS, OR LOGOS IN ANY MANNER WHICH CREATES THE IMPRESSION THAT SUCH ITEMS BELONG TO OR ARE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU OR, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, ARE USED WITH PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA’S CONSENT, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NO OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN AND TO ANY OF SUCH ITEMS;
(e) To upload, post or send any information or content that (i) is unlawful, libelous, slanderous, offensive, obscene, hateful, pornographic, violent, insulting, threatening, abusive, misleading, deceptive, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, (ii) constitutes or is comprised of any commercial, promotional, or solicitation information or (iii) as more fully described in Paragraph 11, infringes on the rights of others, including (without limitation) intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy, etc.;
(f) To harm or threaten to harm users or members of the general public in any way, or “stalk” or otherwise harass any other person or entity;
(g) To disseminate or transmit “spam,” unsolicited messages, chain letters, any advertisements, solicitations, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication;
(h) To purchase, sell, or offer to purchase or sell any equity or security or market instrument; provide information designed to manipulate any equity or security market; or disseminate or transmit any material, non-public information about companies without authorization to do so;
(i) To impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(j) To express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us;
(k) To remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Patriots For America Offerings;
(l) To disrupt, impair or interfere with the Patriots For America Offerings; and
(m) To improve the quality of any data sold or contributed by you to any third party.
Patriots For America reserves the right to deny access to users of the Patriots For America Offerings at any time and in its sole discretion, including users who infringe the rights of other users or commit illegal acts or violate these Terms and Conditions. We may investigate into, deny, restrict or suspend your access to all or any part of the Patriots For America Offerings at any time, without warning for any or no reason (including, without limitation, if you do any of the foregoing things), with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability – and even take legal action if needed. If you believe that someone is using any of the Patriots For America Offerings in violation of the above restrictions, please follow the steps described on Patriots For America’s Contact Information page.
- RSS Policy.Patriots For America offers free headlines for personal, non-commercial use via Really Simple Syndication (RSS 2.0) (“RSS”) and via code provided to third party sites that request to join the Patriots For America Feed Network (collectively with RSS, the “Feeds”). The Feeds make for easy sharing of news headlines and summaries for use in your favorite personal home page, news readers and Web logs (blogs). These Feeds include links to the most recent articles found on Patriots For America.com and affiliated websites, and they update automatically.
(a) To use our news feeds, you will need a RSS news reader or personalized home page such as AOL, Google, MSN, or Yahoo!. You can find a list of news readers here.
(b) When using the Feeds in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, we ask that you provide attribution to Patriots For America.com or the relevant affiliated website.
(c) Any uses of the Feeds not granted herein are strictly prohibited. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, the incorporation of advertising or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted at the content of the Feeds. You may not edit or modify the Feeds in any manner whatsoever. Feeds may be used only with platforms with a functional link which takes the viewer directly to the full article on the Sites. You may not insert any intermediate page, splash page or any other content between the Feed link and the applicable article on the Sites. Patriots For America retains all ownership and other rights in the Feed content and in any and all Patriots For America logos and trademarks used in connection with the Feeds.
Patriots For America reserves the right to cease offering any or all of the Feeds at any time or to require you to cease distributing any or all of the Feeds at any time for any reason. Patriots For America assumes no liability for your activities in connection with the Feeds or for your use of the Feeds in connection with your website.
- Assumption of Risk.You use the Internet and the Patriots For America Offerings solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. While Patriots For America has endeavored to create secure and reliable websites, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from a website over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Patriots For America and its licensors and sponsors are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained in the Patriots For America Offerings, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information.
- Links to Other Websites.Patriots For America may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other websites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating related information and services. These websites have not necessarily been reviewed by Patriots For America and are maintained by third parties over which Patriots For America exercises no control. Accordingly, Patriots For America expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, the quality of products or services provided by or advertised on and/or software downloaded from these third party websites, or whether those websites comply with applicable laws and regulations. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement of any third party or any website or the products or services provided by any third party. By accessing those websites, you may be bound by their terms and conditions. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these third party websites and may wish to review their terms and conditions.
- Events Beyond Patriots For America’s Control.You expressly absolve and release Patriots For America and its licensors and sponsors from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond their control, including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, power outages or third party service providers, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, terrorism or governmental restrictions. Patriots For America and its licensors and sponsors shall have no liability for interruptions or omissions in Internet, network or hosting services. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NEITHER PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA NOR ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS CONTROL YOUR EQUIPMENT OR THE TRANSFER OF DATA OVER COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, AND THAT THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF SUCH COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES, INCLUDING SEARCH ENGINES. PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, DATA LOSS, CONTENT CORRUPTION, PACKET LOSS, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
- DISCLAIMERS.Patriots For America obtains all information furnished on or provided by the Patriots For America Offerings from sources believed by it to be accurate and reliable. Because of the possibility of human and mechanical error as well as other factors, the Patriots For America Offerings and all related materials, services and information are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without representation or warranty of any kind. PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA AND ITS LICENSORS AND SPONSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY AS TO THE ACCURACY, RESULTS, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS OR ANY RELATED MATERIALS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION. Patriots For America makes no representation that materials in the Patriots For America Offerings are appropriate or available for use in any particular location, and access to them from territories where any of the contents of a website are illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access any of the Patriots For America Offerings from any such location, you do so on your own volition and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. You agree and acknowledge that no oral or written information or advice given by Patriots For America or any of its employees or agents in respect to the Patriots For America Offerings shall constitute a representation or a warranty unless such information or advice is incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by a written agreement. FURTHER, THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR PROVIDED BY THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND THERE MAY BE TIMES WHEN THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS ARE UNAVAILABLE. MOREOVER, PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA MAY MAKE MODIFICATIONS AND/OR CHANGES TO THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS, OR TO THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES DESCRIBED IN THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON. YOU ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF MAKING USE OF AND/OR RELYING ON THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE IN THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OR ITS LICENSORS OR SPONSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF THE LOSS OF PRESENT OR PROSPECTIVE PROFITS, EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS OR COMMITMENTS, WHETHER MADE IN THE ESTABLISHMENT, DEVELOPMENT OR MAINTENANCE OF BUSINESS REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, FOR LOSS OF DATA, COST OF SUBSTITUTE MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION, COST OF CAPITAL, AND THE CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OR ITS LICENSORS OR SPONSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA AND ITS LICENSORS AND SPONSORS DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES BASED ON YOUR USE OF THE PATRIOTS FOR AMERICA OFFERINGS. Patriots For America is not liable for any damage arising from any infection by computer viruses, Trojan Horses and other malicious code which may result from your use of the Patriots For America Offerings, so you should ensure that you use adequate, up to date, anti-virus software. Patriots For America also assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the Patriots For America Offerings or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within the Patriots For America Offerings. In addition, although we make a good faith effort to update the Patriots For America Offerings periodically, we do not have a duty to update information contained in the Patriots For America Offerings, and we will not be liable for any failure to update such information.
- Indemnity.You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Patriots For America, its licensors and sponsors, all of their affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, legal representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ and professionals’ fees and court costs) arising out of any third party claims based on or related to your use of the Patriots For America Offerings or any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- User Materials.The following terms shall apply to content submitted by users on Patriots For America Offerings:
(a) The Patriots For America Offerings may contain comment sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features in which you may submit, post or upload user-generated content, including but not limited to comments, video, photos, messages, ideas, suggestions, information, know-how, articles, blogs, and other materials or items (collectively, “User Materials”). By submitting User Materials to Patriots For America or on Patriots For America Offerings, you represent that you are eighteen years of age or older and that you will fulfill the obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions, which forms a binding contract between you and Patriots For America.
(b) By submitting User Materials to Patriots For America or on Patriots For America Offerings, you automatically grant Patriots For America a worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license, including right of sublicense, for a period of five (5) years, renewable at the discretion of Patriots For America, to adopt, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, translate, disseminate, transmit, distribute, perform, reformat, copy, use, create updates, analyses or other derivative works of, publicly display or broadcast, incorporate into other works and otherwise exploit such User Materials (in whole or in part) and all ideas, suggestions or know-how provided therein, for any purpose, without consideration to you or to any third parties, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You represent and warrant to Patriots For America that you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Patriots For America the license provided for herein. You further grant Patriots For America the right, but not the obligation, to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Patriots For America’s rights in the User Materials by a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
(c) If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the User Materials, you agree and warrant that (i) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Materials, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (ii) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the User Materials by Patriots For America or its licensees, successors and assigns; (iii) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the User Materials; and (iv) you forever release Patriots For America, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against Patriots For America by virtue of any such moral rights.
(d) By submitting User Materials, you represent and warrant that:
- You will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Materials that: (i) violates these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, the restrictions set forth in Paragraph 3; (ii) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others; (iii) you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate; (iv) contains anything unlawful, libelous, slanderous, offensive, obscene, hateful, pornographic, violent, insulting, threatening, abusive, misleading, deceptive, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable; (v) contains any commercial, promotional, or solicitation information, or disparages any product or service; or (vi) is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right.
- You will not interfere with any other user’s right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information or posting private information about a third party.
- You are solely responsible for all User Materials you send or post on any of the Patriots For America Offerings, and you assume all risks associated with its use, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, and any disclosure by you of information contained therein that makes you personally identifiable.
(e) All User Materials you send or post will be accessible by Patriots For America, you, and any other users who are entitled to similar privileges. Patriots For America does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for (i) the content of User Materials, (ii) the accuracy or credibility of any User Materials, (iii) any actions you may take as a result of reading or otherwise using User Materials, or (iv) any failure to store or display User Materials at any time. By accessing or using the Patriots For America Offerings, you may be exposed to User Materials sent or posted by others that you may perceive as offensive or otherwise objectionable.
(f) Patriots For America shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Materials to determine compliance with these Terms of Service and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. Although Patriots For America has no obligation to monitor, screen, edit or remove any of the User Materials submitted to Patriots For America or posted or uploaded to the Patriots For America Offerings, Patriots For America reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to screen, edit, refuse to post or remove without notice any such User Materials at any time and for any reason. In addition, Patriots For America may share personally identifiable information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
(h) You acknowledge and agree that neither you, nor anyone else who may appear in your submission, will receive any compensation for any use (including for online or offline promotional purposes) by Patriots For America of, or ideas, suggestions or know-how you provide in, your User Materials.
(i) If you believe that any User Material is infringing copyrights or other intellectual property rights held by you or by someone on whose behalf you are authorized to act, please follow the steps described on Patriots For America’s Contact Information page.
- Subscription Fees; Refund Policies.You agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges incurred for a Service (including any applicable taxes) at the rate in effect when the charges were incurred. Patriots For America may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you advance notice. You are responsible for any fee or charges incurred to access a Service through an Internet access provider or other third-party service. Each subscription fee falls into one of the following categories:
(a) Paid: A paid subscription is when a person pays in full at the time of registration for a certain term (usually twelve (12) months).
(b) Trial with a Premium Product: From time to time, Patriots For America will offer a premium item (e.g., a free book, excluding applicable tax, shipping and handling charges) with a trial subscription to a Service.
(c) Bonus Trial: From time to time, Patriots For America will give a bonus trial subscription to subscribers when they purchase a product or paid subscription.
The refund policy may differ depending on the type of subscription and offer. Please see the terms of the specific offer on the order page for a description of the applicable refund policy.
- Renewal; Cancellation.Your subscription will renew automatically unless it is cancelled in accordance with Patriots For America’s policies. Thirty days before the end of your subscription and each subsequent renewal term thereafter, you will receive a notification that your subscription is ending. For all subscriptions, you must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the renewal term. Patriots For America may cancel your subscription or alter its delivery method at any time by notifying you. The procedures for cancellation and/or refund policies, if any, will be specified in the notification referenced above.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Venue.Except as provided in Paragraph 15, these Terms and Conditions, including (without limitation) any disputes relating to the Patriots For America Offerings, whether sounding in contract, tort, statute or otherwise, are governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without reference to its conflict of law principles. Any litigation arising out of or connected in any way with any claim of infringement of copyrights or other intellectual property rights regarding the Patriots For America Offerings shall take place in a State or Federal court of competent jurisdiction in Newark, Delaware. You hereby consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in the State and Federal courts located in Newark, Delaware, with respect to any actions, claims, disputes or proceedings arising out of or in connection with the foregoing.
- Dispute Resolution.Except as provided in Paragraph 14 or as specifically provided otherwise in any Other Agreement, any dispute, controversy or claim you may have arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, including any disputes relating to the Patriots For America Offerings, whether sounding in contract, tort, statute or otherwise, shall be finally resolved by arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted by one arbitrator in English and in accordance with the International Rules of the American Arbitration Association, which shall administer the arbitration and act as appointing authority. The place of the arbitration shall be Newark, Delaware. The decision of the arbitrator shall be binding upon the parties hereto, and the expense of the arbitration (including without limitation the award of attorneys’ fees to the prevailing party) shall be paid as the arbitrator determines. The decision of the arbitrator may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the Newark, Delaware for the purposes of any judicial proceedings to obtain interim relief and in aid of the arbitration or judicial proceedings to confirm or enforce the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Patriots For America may seek relief from a court of law in the event of a breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- Enforcing Security on the Sites.Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Sites may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. Patriots For America reserves the right to take steps Patriots For America believes are reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of these Terms and Conditions such as view, monitor, and record activity on the Sites without notice or permission from User, including, without limitation, by archiving notices or communications sent by User through the Sites. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal or unlawful activity on the Sites as well as to disclosures required by or under applicable law or related government agency actions. Patriots For America will also comply with all court orders or subpoenas involving requests for such information.
- Injunctive Relief.User acknowledges that any breach, threatened or actual, of these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, with respect to unauthorized use of Patriots For America proprietary assets, will cause irreparable injury to Patriots For America, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and Patriots For America would not have an adequate remedy at law. User therefore agrees that Patriots For America shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of User’s obligations under any provision of these Terms and Conditions. Accordingly, User hereby waives any requirement that Patriots For America post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to Patriots For America to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- Term, Termination, Amendments.These Terms and Conditions will take effect when you first commence using any of the Patriots For America Offerings, whether or not you enter into any Other Agreement. Patriots For America reserves the right at any time and for any reason to deny you access to the Patriots For America Offerings or any portion thereof. Termination will be effective without notice. Please note that Patriots For America reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions without notice. If a change is implemented by a posting on the Patriots For America Offerings, it shall be deemed to take effect when posted. Your continued use of the Patriots For America Offerings following notice of such modifications will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
- Waiver.Failure to insist on strict performance of any of these Terms and Conditions will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by Patriots For America of any right under these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time.
- Nature of Relationship.No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Patriots For America as a result of these Terms and Conditions or your utilization of the Patriots For America Offerings.
- Severability.If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held unenforceable by a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- Entire Agreement/Reservation of Rights.Your rights to use certain material available on or through the Patriots For America Offerings may be subject to separate digital or written agreements with Patriots For America (“Other Agreements”). Particular pages or features of the Patriots For America Offerings with content supplied by Patriots For America or its licensors may have different or additional terms (“Special Terms”), which will be disclosed to you when you access those pages or features, and by accessing or using such pages and features, you will be deemed to have agreed to the applicable Special Terms.
- Contact Information.If you would like to contact Patriots For America, you can reach us at:
(a) terms@PatriotsForAmerica.org. If you choose to contact Patriots For America via e-mail regarding these Terms and Conditions, or Other Agreement, please mark the subject heading of your e-mail “Terms Inquiry,” or “Purchaser/Subscriber Inquiry,” respectively;
(b) customerservice@PatriotsForAmerica.org. If you would like to contact a Patriots For America’s customer service agent;
(c) copyright@PatriotsForAmerica.org, if you would like to contact Patriots For America’s copyright agent.